Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dax Recommends: Three Days of the Condor


Every once and awhile I'll toss a movie, book, or album on here that I would recommend to others (i.e. you).


Higgins: "It'd have to be somebody in the community."
Turner: "Community?"
Higgins: "Intelligence field."
Turner: "Community! Jesus, you guys are kind to yourselves. Community."

In many ways a direct precursor to the Bourne films of the 2000's, Three Days of the Condor (1976) is about a government agent trying to figure out who is trying to have him killed, and more importantly, why. Robert Redford's agent character is deliberately not a killer--his job for the CIA simply involves reading things--so he barely keeps ahead of his antagonists using his wits, with some clever tricks that would slide in well in a Bourne movie. In fact, I'm surprised there hasn't been talk of a remake considering that, with only minimal changes, the story could very easily work in the present day.

There's a fantastic performance by Max Von Sydow as Joubert, the man hired to eliminate Redford's character, and nice parts with other great actors like Cliff Robertson and John Houseman, but the one aspect of the film that most intrigues me, and in some way single-handedly elevates the whole thing for me, is the truly bizarre relationship between Redford and the character played by Faye Dunaway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there people. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that singular brand. The prices seeking the shoes are around 330 bucks everwhere. But finally I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the velcros were all over 220 dollars everwhere. But finally I bring about this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that particular brand. The prices as regards the sneakers were around 240 bucks everwhere. But finally I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that exact brand. The prices as regards the sneakers are about 310 bucks on every site. But definitively I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel