Wednesday, June 24, 2009

what I'm whating

Music:


Dream Theater--Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Scale the Summit--Carving Desert Canyons

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds--Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus

Elvis Costello--Secret, Profane, and Sugarcane

The Mars Volta--Octahedron


Books & Comics:


'The Areas of My Expertise' by John Hodgman

'American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House' by Jon Meacham

'The Great Upheaval: America and the Birth of the Modern World 1788--1800' by Jay Winik

'Stel' by Moebius


Movies:


Election

This is Spinal Tap

The Evil Dead


What I'm looking forward to:


'Asterios Polyp' by David Mazzucchelli

'Parker: The Hunter' by Darwyn Cooke

'R. Crumb's Book of Genesis'

96-page Frank project by Jim Woodring

'The Marquis: Inferno' by Guy Davis

Acme Novelty Library #20 by Chris Ware

The Brothers Bloom

Moon

A Serious Man

Doctor Who specials

Porcupine Tree--The Incident



4 comments:

Amjad Faur said...

The new mars volta is pretty amazing. I think it's my favorite since de-loused...I have heard scale the summit but don't have a copy. It's pretty six- stringtastic.

I have heard nothing but bad stuff about the new dream theater. Maybe they need to start a new band with singer from Mayhem. Then they would be huge.

Also, check out the newest Nick Cave, Dig, Lazarus, Dig!....It's pretty fantastic.

Dax said...

The new Dream Theater is them at their most generic. The disc of covers songs that comes with the deluxe edition is far more interesting to listen to.

It makes me sad to say this.

Dax said...

Oh, and I've got Dig Lazarus Dig..yes, it's really great.

Silver Sable said...

You should also give Devin Townsend's Ki and OSI's Blood a listen. I've been stuck on them since they released a few weeks ago.