Friday, August 7, 2009

when superman was superboy

When I was about four or five I was given a 4-book collection called The Story of Superman (the books were "The Origin of Superman", "The Adventures of Superbaby", "When Superman was Superboy", and "Superman in Metropolis"). Written by Elliot S! Maggin (yes, the S! stands for Superman) and drawn by Metamorpho and Aquaman artist Ramona Fredon, the books run through the whole Silver-Age origin of Superman.

I always liked the ridiculous amount of thought that must've gone into reasoning how Superman could use his heat vision through his glasses lenses when he was Clark Kent:




2 comments:

Vic Sage said...

I don't know, man, that shop keeper looks more upset than happy. Are you sure Superboy didn't just yank up some boys that were picking on him at school?

Stewed Hamm said...

I had these too! I must've read them damn near a thousand times.
I've got to disagree with Vic though. Yes, while it's really sad to see Matt Murdock and Frankenstein turn to a life of crime so early, Matt's wearing green shoes for Chrissakes - Kal-El did him a favor by locking him up.