Thursday, April 1, 2010

i am biggest: the origin

When I was a wee lad my parents would let me leave out food for Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny, and after I went to bed they would then leave a note, ostensibly left by said magical sprites, for me to marvel at in the morning (and they would get rid of the food, as if it had been eaten--always leaving little crumbs behind as evidence). When I was very very young they would write out a note from me to Santa/Bunny that I would place by the plate of food.

I've still got a note to the Easter Bunny from, oh, sometime in the late 1970's...for some reason, after filling in my name in the note, I then scribbled the non-sequiter-ish "I am biggest" at the bottom. I made some mini-comics in the 1990's using that as the title, and it carried over to this blog. I just find it funny.



A drawing of the Easter Bunny, from the back of the note:

1 comment:

Stewed Hamm said...

Wow... that's...
Shit, I don't know if it's disturbing, or enlightening, or what. What I do know is that if I had seen this back in Jr. High, I'd be calling you "Oat" today. No, it's not at all fair, but neither is Jr. High.