Monday, July 9, 2007

"This is not a normal thing I am doing right now."

Briefly, I'm too much of a tennis geek to not mention Roger Federer's 5th Wimbledon championship in a row.

Federer's won 11 Grand Slam championships, and is now just three away from tying Pete Sampras' record (Federer's 26 years old--which is 'middle age' in pro tennis years--but, barring injury, will certainly overtake Sampras).

Consider this: Federer has won 10 of his 11 majors in the last four years. That means he's won 10 of the last 15 majors total. Which is insane.

3 comments:

Stewed Hamm said...

But does he have a nice rack? No.

Crusty Hank VIII said...

It weirded me out when I first 'uncovered' that you were, as I thought at the time, a 'closet sports fan'.

Now that I've ripened a good decade since then, it seems perfectly fitting to me, that you should follow tennis.

Now, if it were Fencing, or Curling... or Wrestling or something, I'd still be weirded out.

Stew, regarding your comment; there are those for whom the 'rack' does not so much appeal/add to the value of tennis as a spectator's sport, as do the copious panty flashes. You, as the Otaku I suspect you still are, oughta know that.

Dax said...

Yeah, tennis is a family thing of mine. Though I can't play it to save my life.

I think the panty flashes have died down of late, though I have a hard time keeping track of the women's game in general--too many Russians.